Last Updated on March 24, 2021 by Admin
A technician discovers that an employee has attached an unauthorized wireless router to the company network so that the employee can get Wi-Fi coverage while outside taking a break. The technician immediately reports this to a supervisor. What are two actions that the company should take in response to this situation? (Choose two.)
- Group of answer choices Immediately remove the device from the network.
- Add an authorized wireless access point to the network to extend coverage for the employee.
- Make sure that the wireless router is not broadcasting an SSID.
- Consult the company security policy to decide on actions to take against the employee.
- Create a guest account for the employee to use when outside the building.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
Adding an unauthorized wireless router or access point to a company network is a serious potential security threat. The device should be removed from the network immediately in order to mitigate the threat. In addition, the employee should be disciplined. The company security policy, which employees agree to, should describe penalties for behavior that threatens the security of the company.