Last Updated on January 13, 2019 by Admin
What is indicated by a successful ping to the ::1 IPv6 address?
- The host is cabled properly.
- The default gateway address is correctly configured.
- All hosts on the local link are available.
- The link-local address is correctly configured.
- IP is properly installed on the host.
Explanation:The IPv6 address ::1 is the loopback address. A successful ping to this address means that the TCP/IP stack is correctly installed. It does not mean that any addresses are correctly configured.